Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Joy of Joining Photography Groups

Accidentally, I ran across a few Macro groups while following my favorite Jewelry Artists' blogs.  The best thing I've done, in a long time, was to join and participate in the joy of macro photography. They keep me challenged and inspired to get out there and work my camera every week!  I'm learning new techniques, what makes a good photo and how to operate my new camera in a relaxed and fun way.
Flicker's Macro Mondays - "Bowl full of ____"
***
Weekly, I share my shots with three Macro groups
(sometimes I only submit to one group).
First - I joined the fun at Flicker group, 
"Macro Mondays" (here),
studio waterstone
also,  "I heart Macro" a Sunday photo showcase
(here) at Studio Waterstone blog
(currently on holiday break but 
plans to continue in 2013),
MM3 
 and "Macro Monday" a Monday photo gallery
 (here) at Lisa's Chaos blog.
These sites are open to anyone willing
to follow the site policies and who loves macros!
***
Flicker's Macro Mondays - "Line Symmetry"
Flicker's Macro Mondays - "New"
Several photographers have given me encouraging words after seeing my submittals,
which keeps me going, and I try to do the same for them.
***
"Join an online community or a local photography club where you can receive (and give) critiques. Critiquing helps you to focus on what you like to shoot and find ways to improve your work." 
- Cathy MacMillan
***
Flicker's Macro Mondays - "Skin"
These are just a few of my Macros I've taken
since officially joining in the fun, on October 12, 2012.
My Flicker account can be found here.
You won't be sorry (I don't think) after committing
to a photography group...or two or three!

Happy Click'n!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting my blog. I love reading your comments!

Thank you for your understanding!

© Emily J Powell and Millie @ Click'n Camera, February 10, 2015. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Emily J Powell and Millie @Click'n Camera with appropriate and specific direction to the original content. Photos may not be used, copied, printed without prior permission.