Saturday, January 26, 2013

~ Developing your Personal Style

I've been thinking about what I'm
attracted to in photographs, what I like to shoot
and how I like to shoot.
Flickr, is a great place to view
numerous styles of photography
to help determine what attracts your eye and interest.
Or just look back at your prints and picture files,
they should outline what you seem to shoot naturally.
That's probably the best way to determine your style elements.
In an online article Alain Briot made these points ~

"Developing a personal style is not copying someone else's style.
Developing a personal style is finding who you are and 
making your work be the extension of your personality." 

"Subject is what you photograph.  Style is how you photograph it.
You can photograph several subjects in the same style."
5 Elements I Love in a Photo ~
1)  Macro/Close ups
2)  Natural Light
3)  Making the Ordinary Interesting
4)  Both B&W and Color  
5) Simplicity

I'm sure after time, my style will develop and change
but thinking about this early helps determine what to shoot
so I can concentrate on technique and camera skills.
Or at least that's what I've read.

I invite you to share what elements you love
either in my comments or in your blog,
but please comment here so I can check your blog out...
Happy Click'n!


4 comments:

  1. you described exactly what i love, and my salt and pepper today is somewhat like your blind strings... i love it. macro is my first love, but i don't have a macro lens and can't afford one. what you said here is true, the photos i take are an extension of my personality as is my blog. I write like I talk or think, I take photos the same way, i like telling stories and photos...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool texture and details of the apple!
    Have a good week Millie! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you very much for these great images. Yes, to develop a kind of style surely a challenge; still working on it. Thank you for the inspiration with the screw. Please have a good new week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am not good in macro photography so it will be fun to learn from you. I agree that photographers should develop their own style and I see you have discovered yours.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog. I love reading your comments!

Thank you for your understanding!

© Emily J Powell and Millie @ Click'n Camera, February 10, 2015. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Emily J Powell and Millie @Click'n Camera with appropriate and specific direction to the original content. Photos may not be used, copied, printed without prior permission.