Sunday, January 13, 2013

Macro Mondays = Rule of 3rds + 3

It seems, I consciously and subconsciously
use the rule of thirds when
composing my compositions.
Am I boring?
(Mental note - I need to brush up on the rules of composition
for more verity!)
The outer nails,

no the middle nail...
better...
I'm still timid crossing over to my manual settings.
I had a heck of a time focusing on my 3 subjects!
I wanted them all to be in focus...
though the middle shot is interesting,
if I do say so myself.
***
I shared a photo with three Macro groups.
First - a Flicker group, "Macro Mondays" (here),
studio waterstone
then  "I heart Macro" a Sunday photo showcase
(here) at Studio Waterstone blog,
MM3 
and  "Macro Monday" a Monday photo gallery
 (here) at Lisa's Chaos blog.
***
My Monday Macro Quote:
"There is no better time to crop a bad composition than just before 
you press the shutter release".
 - Bryan Peterson 
***
The above quote reminds me, when NOT shooting
macro, I have a natural inclination to compose my shot so
that my subjects are up close,
before I snap...sometimes this isn't a good thing and I'm
torn whether to break this habit.
I do think it can make a photo more interesting for the viewer
because it removes the boring background.
Maybe more experience will be the judge...

Happy Click'n!

12 comments:

  1. I'd go with the middle one. NIce macro, nice topic

    mine is at: http://sillarit.wordpress.com/2013/01/13/i-heart-macro/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your attention to detail. I think I like the last one best ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant attention to detail.

    Mollyxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I favor the first! Living is a long time learning anything.
    hate Capchas! so hard to read

    ReplyDelete
  5. not boring at all! this creates balance... great macros... I'm with Norma on the capchas, just sayin'.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you ladies for mentioning the "capchas"...I didn't have a clue what you meant, until I googled it. Yeah, I've ran across those verifications when leaving a comment myself, but didn't know they were set in my comment section. Anyway, I think I corrected the problem, thanks again for mentioning it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. great job .. love the rustic shots!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like the bottom one best, which is interesting, because it doesn't really follow the rule of thirds, does it? Just proves it's more of a guideline.

    I think I like it because of the strong, rounded diagonals.

    ReplyDelete
  10. very cool! looks like an alien landscape.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog. I love reading your comments!

Thank you for your understanding!

© Emily J Powell and Millie @ Click'n Camera, February 10, 2015. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Emily J Powell and Millie @Click'n Camera with appropriate and specific direction to the original content. Photos may not be used, copied, printed without prior permission.