Sunday, January 27, 2013

Macro Mondays = Wisdom 01/27/13

This week's theme seemed crazy difficult for me..."wisdom"
...how do you capture wisdom in a photo?
Though I still question anyone will think "wisdom"
when they see my macro,
this theme ended up being a great learning experience for me!
I began the process of thinking about the symbols that represent "wisdom",
for example ~
elephants (no they're memory),
owls (to me they're knowledge, but my hubby reminded me of "wise old owls")
...finally "pearls of wisdom" came to me?!


Eventually I thought about what wisdom means to me ~
true wisdom is the ability to discern or judge what is true.

I think of a wise person as being older, having life experience and
one who offers support, comfort and direction with his wisdom (pearls).

 Do you get it?
(My husband hates this artsy fartsy stuff, so what, I'm ALL in!!
When I showed him my macro, he just shook his head...
sorry honey, that's NOT comforting...DRAT!)

Anyways, I'm eager to see what is submitted to
this week's Flickr group Macro Mondays, especially after all the recent controversy...
Yeah, you should check us out!
***
I shared my photo with three Macro groups.
First - a Flicker group, "Macro Mondays" (here),
studio waterstone
then  "I heart Macro" a Sunday photo showcase
(here) at Studio Waterstone blog,
MM3 
and  "Macro Monday" a Monday photo gallery
 (here) at Lisa's Chaos blog.
***
"Certain things catch your eye,
but pursue only those that capture your heart."
~ old American Indian saying regarding wisdom
***
Happy Click'n!

11 comments:

  1. This is a beautiful piece of art... I love the way the leaf acts like the shell around the pearls.

    Mollyxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such lovely 'pearls of wisdom'. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. your photo is comforting to me, because this is the type photos I love to do and it proves i am not MAD even though i am known as the MadSnapper... love it love it love it...you were very wise to use it....i think of wisdom as using commonsense God gave us

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you all! I was nervous about showing this one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a wonderful way of equating wisdom with, but i smiled with your post. And i thought, if those pearls will slip on that 'haystack' you will have a very difficult time picking each one of them, and your patience will be at stake. Maybe your 'wisdome' might get some dent there, haha!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Original and interesting. Often it is hard to come up with a new idea, but have done so.
    Very good.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love artsy fartsy stuff, and this is a beaut!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Magpies do that,taking for sometime, or may not. Lovely macro.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Interesting combination! You found a perfect leaf to wrap the pearls. I like your artsy-fartsy stuff because it take great creativity.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog. I love reading your comments!

Thank you for your understanding!

© Emily J Powell and Millie @ Click'n Camera, February 10, 2015. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Emily J Powell and Millie @Click'n Camera with appropriate and specific direction to the original content. Photos may not be used, copied, printed without prior permission.