Monday, February 11, 2013

Monday Macros = On the Inside

This week's Flickr theme is "On the Inside" and it took me on a journey!
Our theme explanation:
"Take inspiration from the color under the skin of a fruit, 
explore the inside space of a glass vase, the rarely seen inner workings of a watch
 or capture the life of a goldfish circling in its tank."
I settled on this shot..."on the inside" of my teacup.
***
I shared this photo with three Macro groups.
First - a Flicker group, "Macro Mondays" (here),
studio waterstone
then  "I heart Macro" a Sunday photo showcase
(here) at Studio Waterstone blog,
MM3 
and  "Macro Monday" a Monday photo gallery
 (here) at Lisa's Chaos blog.
***
Along the way, this theme became, "looking inside out"...
sometimes I over think things.
First I shot inside a vase on a wooden table and looking out.
I set the vase on a greeting card that was handy.
(I had a birthday a little while ago.)
The greeting card viewed through the side of  my vase shows
 more of the design on my card.
Next...
I shot inside a wine glass looking down and out, on that wood table.
 Looking through the wine glass side, viewing that same greeting card...
I got surreal results from the thick crystal.
My last experiment...
This one reminds me of an oil painting.
Here my lens is in a clear plastic bag viewing my baby roses.

I think I got off track a bit...

Maybe not...I could plead artistic license...right?
Kinda, sort of??
***
"I never have taken a picture I’ve intended. They’re always better or worse."
– Diane Arbus
***
Executing an idea can be tricky.
 It can lead you in a different direction, 
learning all the way and taking you to new places. 
 Sometimes good results, sometimes, not so good, but always interesting!
I love being in the moment behind my camera,
I'd say this was a good day...
Happy Click'n!

11 comments:

  1. amazing and i will be trying this

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are some really nice images there - I especially like the two of the wine glass. The second of them is gorgeous with those colours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Millie, my favorite is the first image - this lovely composition and diving deep into this gorgerous china cup - very beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How very inspiring an picture ! Thank you. Please have you all a good Tuesday.

    robert geiß

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very unique shots!
    My faves have to be the two with the wine glass - awesome results!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think you found the essence of the theme with the wine glass and plastic bag. Wonderful shots!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lot of fun you had with this prompt and with some amazing results. Like Carletta, I especially enjoyed the wine glass perspective.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like your picture of the wine glass over the greeting card. Very artistic and dream-like feeling!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like shot #5, very cool (and interesting) abstract!
    Have a good weekend Millie! ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog. I love reading your comments!

Thank you for your understanding!

© Emily J Powell and Millie @ Click'n Camera, February 10, 2015. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Emily J Powell and Millie @Click'n Camera with appropriate and specific direction to the original content. Photos may not be used, copied, printed without prior permission.