Thursday, February 7, 2013

~ NG Exhibit: Greatest Photos of American West!

The National Geographic Exhibit ~
"Greatest Photographs of the American West"
was showing at the Gilcrease Museum, here in Tulsa Oklahoma.
The next stops are:

National Cowboy and Western Heritage Museum, Oklahoma City
National Geographic Museum, Washington, D.C.
National Museum of Wildlife Art of the United States, Jackson Hole, Wyo.
Rockwell Museum of Western Art, Corning, N.Y.
C.M. Russell Museum, Great Falls, Mont.
Stark Museum of Art, Orange, Texas

(You'll have to check locally to get the dates.)
***
 Cherokee Outlet, Oklahoma, nd.
Tulsa Chamber Of Commerce/National Geographic Stock
My sister is a Gillie or docent at Gilcrease Museum here in Tulsa,
which is lucky for me, because if I miss the announcement of an exhibit,
my sister, NO doubt, will be talking about what's new at Gilcrease!
Monument Valley, Utah, 2001
Bruce Dale/National Geographic Stock
I was warned that some of the photos have been enlarged, which
increases the grain of the image, as you know.
When I saw a few of the older photos enlarged I was happy to learn
 they were NOT terribly distorted!
Haying, Nebraska, 2004
Jim Richardson/National Geographic Stock
 The exhibit is wonderfully arranged.
For example, an early 1900 cattle round up photo        
was beside a current photo.
The similarity is incredible!
(I'm glad I didn't see what was in the bucket in the newer photo.
My Hubineer has stories, just saying!)
***
I highly recommend seeing this exhibit,
so if you have an opportunity to go, do it!
Happy Click'n!

1 comment:

  1. i love all things Western and have since i was 10 years old, i read only westerns for much of my life, and prayed to turn into a boy so i could be a cowboy. love that monument photo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog. I love reading your comments!

Thank you for your understanding!

© Emily J Powell and Millie @ Click'n Camera, February 10, 2015. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Emily J Powell and Millie @Click'n Camera with appropriate and specific direction to the original content. Photos may not be used, copied, printed without prior permission.