Monday, March 11, 2013

More to Landscapes then Wilderness...

I was reading about landscape photography this morning, 
and liked this quote from Jeff Wignall,
"The success of a landscape photo depends not on the type 
of place you photograph, but rather on your
 ability to reveal the soul of that place."
Think about it, landscapes can have subjects as diverse as rural railroads stations, 
small town streets, industrial harbors, and abandoned bridges. 
Take a look at David Plowden's web page here, see
the true wonder of landscapes, not just nature and wilderness!
Above, the most photographed mountains in North America, the Maroon Bells, outside of Aspen, Colorado. (More information on this picturesque spot, here.)  A few years back, we took a driving trip and I joined the hordes of photographers with my first digital pocket camera...I had to push my way in to get this shot.  Once my Hubineer retires, I would love to spend time traveling and maybe spend more time photographing the Bells!  If I get that chance again I would like to choose a different vantage point, as this one is the traditional spot...and I would want to think about making my photograph a little different then the norm. Don't know if I could do it, but I would love to give it a try! Anyway, until then, I plan to branch out and look for everyday landscapes...the scenery around me...
No Macro Monday for me today,
but I plan to check them out later today
(see links to my macro favs in the sidebar).
Happy Click'n!

2 comments:

  1. That's a beautiful photo, it would be fun to find another vantage point, something that you haven't seen photos of already. My husband loves photography, and he is always looking for another vantage point.
    Hugs, Cindy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog. I love reading your comments!

Thank you for your understanding!

© Emily J Powell and Millie @ Click'n Camera, February 10, 2015. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Emily J Powell and Millie @Click'n Camera with appropriate and specific direction to the original content. Photos may not be used, copied, printed without prior permission.