Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Week 11 of Sweet Shot Tuesday ~ P52

My Sweet Shot was taken especially to convert to black and white (here),
but it turns out, I prefer it in color...I love the rust around the edges of this latch!
In 1944 there was a  WWII POW facility in Pryor, Oklahoma,
which housed  mainly German solders (here).  My father-in-law,
was a guard there, when he was a young man.
Once that facility was closed in 1945, the buildings were sold and
reassembled around the countryside over the following years.
A few of the buildings are still standing on our farm, not in the best of shape,
but still upright...the original owner had them installed.
***
Kent Weakley at "Photography Essentials" (here) is sponsoring P52!

The premise is to post your favorite or best photo each week on Kent's website,
link to your post and comment on other photographer's posts.  What a great way to 
network in the photography blogosphere, learning and sharing as you go!
***
I don't understand why the POW camps (here) were not discussed in our
Oklahoma History class.  I find it fascinating!
Happy Click'n!

6 comments:

  1. i agree with you, i prefer it in color on this one, usually black and white shows more detail but on this hinge not true.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love anything with a vintage feel...thanks for sharing on Kent Weakley. A new follower♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow...how neat... Enjoyed this one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with you on your choice. Many times I take a photo intending it for a black & white and wind up not being able to decide...color or B&W?

    ReplyDelete
  5. A very moving image. Excellent choice of the detail. Please have a good Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'd really love to see more photos of these buildings. Really like your choice for this week.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog. I love reading your comments!

Thank you for your understanding!

© Emily J Powell and Millie @ Click'n Camera, February 10, 2015. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Emily J Powell and Millie @Click'n Camera with appropriate and specific direction to the original content. Photos may not be used, copied, printed without prior permission.