Thursday, April 25, 2013

Basic Manual Guidelines

My memory is as long as this geranium stock is tall!
So, I thought I would post a quick manual mode guide for 
reference out in the field...
cause I've always got my smart phone.
(It's not so scary, now that I've actually shot
something on the manual mode!
ISO 100, f2.8, 125)
1)  Choose Your ISO (sensitivity of the digital sensor)
*  ISO 100 - bright sunny day
*  ISO 400 - daylit room or overcast day
*  ISO 800 - dimly lit room
*  ISO 1600 - darker scene

2)  Choose Your Aperture (size of the lens opening)
*  f/2.8 to f/5.6 - portraits
*  f/8 to f/16 - landscapes

3)  Choose Your Shutter Speed (how long the shutter is open)
*  1/30 to 1/250 - your subject is not moving
*  1/250 and above - your subject is moving
***
"Growth itself contains the germ of happiness. " 
~ Pearl S. Buck
***
Happy Click'n!

1 comment:

Thank you for visiting my blog. I love reading your comments!

Thank you for your understanding!

© Emily J Powell and Millie @ Click'n Camera, February 10, 2015. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Emily J Powell and Millie @Click'n Camera with appropriate and specific direction to the original content. Photos may not be used, copied, printed without prior permission.