Sunday, May 19, 2013

Macro Mondays = Wet

Wet...
that's this week's theme on Flickr's Macro Mondays.
We've been having rain on and off this week,
however, I just didn't time it right venturing out to catch droplets. 
So I created my own water drops with a water bottle.
I got the bright idea to try catching a drop fall
from this flower bud.
 That's when a spider climbed up the stock,
 as I'm click'n away,
finally the drop fell...
rats, it's a little out of focus!
This took 167 shots.
Why so many?
The bud kept sucking up the drops
and I would have to spray again
and start over.
Times like this, I truly appreciate going digital,
cause who could afford trying this with film?
***
I shared a few of my photos with two Macro groups.
First - a Flicker group, "Macro Mondays" (here),
MM3 
and  "Macro Monday" a Monday photo gallery
 (here) at Lisa's Chaos blog.
***
"I like the challenge of trying different things and wondering whether 
it's going to work or whether I'm going to fall flat on my face."
~ Johnny Depp
***
Posting this Sunday night while sitting in the closet
with my two cats and my camera...
where's my Hubineer?
Watching the tornado warnings on TV.
This is our life living in tornado alley!
Happy Click'n!

9 comments:

  1. what a terrific macro series... I love watching the progression:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done!! Very imaginative!!!! Have a grand week! Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great raindrop photos with a spider as a bonus!
    Lea
    Lea's Menagerie

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was a good idea to create your own water droplets. It was also interesting to see the spider come in to view.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm totally with you on the digital! With film I was always afraid to try things. Most of my pics from those days are of children opening their gifts or vacation oceanscape shots! I love that bonus spider in your shots...cool when that kind of thing happens. Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great idea. And I can relate about the number of shots this took; I nearly froze my buns off one winter day, waiting for icicles to drip.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice shots! The spider is small enough to be cute.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog. I love reading your comments!

Thank you for your understanding!

© Emily J Powell and Millie @ Click'n Camera, February 10, 2015. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Emily J Powell and Millie @Click'n Camera with appropriate and specific direction to the original content. Photos may not be used, copied, printed without prior permission.