Tuesday, June 11, 2013

DC Trip 2 ~ The Capitol

On our last visit to DC, we didn't arrange to enter the Capitol,
so this time it was our first and only planned event.
My Hubineer, said it was his favorite part of our trip!
And I liked it (eye opening!), so it was brilliant...
Inside the dome you see the following...
Always look up...
The Capitol is stunningly decorated...it's gorgeous inside!

Before our initial tour, we ran over to our 
Representative's office and got passes to enter the Chambers
to see our Congress and Senators in action...
let me tell you, I was proud to see one of "our" state Senators in action
and shocked to see only a few Senators and Congressmen at work.
(Later I learned they can watch "the goings on" from their offices,
but still, REALLY...okay, no lectures from me!)
We spent most of our day there,
so, unfortunately,  I don't have a lot of photos to share...
you really can't take photos in the Chambers.
Before we left we ran into our Senator Coburn and
 talked to him about our impressions.
A GREAT DAY in DC!!
Happy Click'n!

1 comment:

  1. They don't have to show up for work?!! Oh I wish I didn't know that.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog. I love reading your comments!

Thank you for your understanding!

© Emily J Powell and Millie @ Click'n Camera, February 10, 2015. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Emily J Powell and Millie @Click'n Camera with appropriate and specific direction to the original content. Photos may not be used, copied, printed without prior permission.