Tuesday, June 11, 2013

DC Trip 3 ~ WWII Memorial

When first in DC we learned of the plans to build this monument ~
the World War II Memorial.
My dad served in WWII along with
my two uncles, one died off Saipan. 
This end represents Pacific and the other end Atlantic.
The memorial is located on the other end of the Reflective Pool,
and you can see the Lincoln Memorial on the horizon.
I wasn't the only photographer...
I loved the bronze scenes as you walk through the entrances.
The etched quotes are touching...
Each pillar representing the US states, the District of Columbia, 
and the Territories of the US as of 1945. 
Amazing to me - my family's states were on the side
where they fought...very emotional!
My Uncles from Oklahoma!
 Dad was originally from Kentucky.
 Dad spent most of his time in North Africa
and Sicily/Rome.
 This sums it up well...
Happy Click'n!

1 comment:

  1. i liked to photos of looking up at the capitol dome. and KY is what i consider my home, even though i was born in Savannah. those etchings are incredible.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog. I love reading your comments!

Thank you for your understanding!

© Emily J Powell and Millie @ Click'n Camera, February 10, 2015. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Emily J Powell and Millie @Click'n Camera with appropriate and specific direction to the original content. Photos may not be used, copied, printed without prior permission.