Thursday, June 13, 2013

DC Trip 6 ~ Arlington National Cemitary

Impressions...
The grave sites make me speechless...fields of them.
I couldn't take my eyes off the feet of the Honor Guard!
(The purposeful movement of the feet hypnotizes me.)
Tears form during the changing of the Guards.
A foreign diplomat laying a wreath at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier.
More feet...
The amplitheater is gorgeous!
Various memorials to see...
And we visited the Kennedy sites ~ the Eternal Flame below.
Another long day and a memorable one too!
Happy Click'n!

3 comments:

  1. I've seen way too many white marble markers in my travels. I might pass on Arlington.

    ReplyDelete
  2. such a somber place
    when i was i nthe army i knew some guys who were lucky enough to get the old guard as an assignment, such an honer

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a moving place. I remember it well. God bless our soldiers.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog. I love reading your comments!

Thank you for your understanding!

© Emily J Powell and Millie @ Click'n Camera, February 10, 2015. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Emily J Powell and Millie @Click'n Camera with appropriate and specific direction to the original content. Photos may not be used, copied, printed without prior permission.