Thursday, November 7, 2013

Photographing Frost Tips!

 I spotted frost on the grass this morning...
it really caught my eye when I walked my husband outside to the car.
So I ran inside grabbed my camera and sweater...
 and started click'n...
 and wouldn't you know it,
our nosy neighbor came out to talk.
I now know the latest news in the neighborhood...
 By the time I got back to taking photos of the frosted leaves,
 the nice crisp frost was changing, and starting to melt.
Rats...
when viewing my shots on the computer,
I was disappointed in the results!
So I googled, and found these tips for next time.
***
(1)  Switching to Aperture Priority or Manual mode and dialing in a small aperture (represented by a large f-number, such as f/16 or f/22) increases the depth of field. This means that more of the picture will appear sharp.
(2)  Photograph delicate subjects early in the morning, when the air is generally more still.
(3)  To maximise the depth of field and prevent parts of your subject appearing blurred, keep the back of the camera parallel with the subject.
(4)  Use a tripod.

These are just some of the tips from DigitalCameraWorld.com (here).
***
If you have any tips to share please do,
I always love to get comments!
Enjoy your day!
Happy Click'n!

1 comment:

  1. I am sorry you were interrupted while photographing the frost but the ones you did get are beautiful especially the one of the red leaves....Thank you for the tips....

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog. I love reading your comments!

Thank you for your understanding!

© Emily J Powell and Millie @ Click'n Camera, February 10, 2015. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Emily J Powell and Millie @Click'n Camera with appropriate and specific direction to the original content. Photos may not be used, copied, printed without prior permission.