Friday, February 27, 2015

Orange You Glad It's Friday ~ Oranges!

Last May, on a whim, I purchased an orange tree.
Oranges, being one of my favorite fruits,
seemed like a fun thing to try growing
and a little nuts if you live in Oklahoma, like we do.
Our tree produced flowers right away.
Surprisingly, fruit followed even though I have "brown" thumbs.
Bringing the tree indoors before the first frost wasn't a problem.
Now it's late February, and the fruit are still turning orange
but have yet to be sweet.
I decided to harvest the fruit and give this lovely tree a rest.
I found some orange tree fertilizer and
gave it a dowse, hoping this will help sweeten the next crop!
***
This is my shots for "Orange you glad it's Friday"
 (visit this great website here).
***
“Photography is truth.”  — Jean-Luc Godard
***
Happy Click'n!


7 comments:

  1. How cool is that!! Never saw an orange tree indoors before...

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh yum and growing inside, did not know they would bear fruit in doors. i would like a lemon tree

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats of being an orange producer :) http://lauriekazmierczak.com/onomantopoeia/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought i might try growing a lemon tree, we are in a cooler climate, I never even gave an orange tree a thought. You got a good crop from such a little tree.

    Diana

    ReplyDelete
  5. I once had a little tiny orange tree and loved it. I kept it indoors (Quebec) and it yielded oranges for several years. Your tree is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for joining. Your photo will be featured on OYGIF this weekend. Hope you could drop by.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great news, thank you so much. I will be dropping by! ;)

      Delete

Thank you for visiting my blog. I love reading your comments!

Thank you for your understanding!

© Emily J Powell and Millie @ Click'n Camera, February 10, 2015. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Emily J Powell and Millie @Click'n Camera with appropriate and specific direction to the original content. Photos may not be used, copied, printed without prior permission.