Monday, May 11, 2015

Abstract Lights!

Friday night's Spring storms shutdown our hometown festival,
Rooster Days, but reopened Saturday morning...
"The festival began back in the Spring of 1931.  
Its original purpose was to give farmers a place to get rid 
of their excess roosters.  Now it's a place where 
families come to have fun and eat good food."  And music!
One of our favorite local bands,  "Midlife Crisis" performed Saturday night,
during a break in our storms. 
I haven't quite worked out the camera settings
when stage lighting is used.
And once again I left my monopod at home. 
 I need to brush up on how to handle these situations.
(Light ribbons.)
Remembering something I read (here and quick instructions here), 
not too long ago, about taking abstract photos by opening up
the shutter during a long exposure and moving the camera.
(If I stare at this long enough, I see the band playing.)
It turned out to be quite fun while watching the band
and something I will play with again!
***
Happy Click'n!

1 comment:

  1. our cameras are our work tools and our toys and you played great with yours

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog. I love reading your comments!

Thank you for your understanding!

© Emily J Powell and Millie @ Click'n Camera, February 10, 2015. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Emily J Powell and Millie @Click'n Camera with appropriate and specific direction to the original content. Photos may not be used, copied, printed without prior permission.