Monday, May 18, 2015

Macro Mondays ~ Glass

This week Flickr's themed Macro Mondays is "Glass",
we were given these tips:
"1. Lighting is KEY. Glass really shines and glistens with light when done properly.
2. Try using glass that has swirls, ridges or other markings on it. 
3. Look for glass that is colored, cut, broken, transparent, opaque or translucent.
4. Place something interesting behind (or in) the glass—decorative paper or fabric works well. The colors will shine through the glass and you can get some amazing results.
5. Have fun experimenting and playing around."

*** 
I tried shooting several different glassware with colored fabric and paper,
different lighting and I had fun with this challenge.
My favorite object to play around with was a
Fostoria American Cube Saucer, below, with a pattern napkin
to reflect autumn colors.
Then I shot the bottom side of the saucer 
sitting over a muted leaf design sheet of scrapbook paper.
Next I used a cut glass devil egg serving plate,
first on sheet of scrapbook paper with pansy flower design.
The autumn colored napkin was used again,
and it made wonderful reflected colors under the same serving plate...
...and I got a little carried away...
...some like star bursts or setting/rising suns...
... I had great fun!!
***
Flickr's Macro Mondays (here)
And I'm sharing these macro photos with these Macro groups:
 "Macro Monday 2" a Monday photo gallery (here),
and a Sunday photo gallery called "i heart macro" (here).
***
“The whole point of taking pictures is so that 
you don’t have to explain things with words.” — Elliott Erwitt
***
Happy Click'n!



7 comments:

  1. i love to get carried away and WILL be playing with my glass plates TODAY.. thanks for these wonderful creations and they look just like expensive Modern ART to me... i can see some of these printed on a canvas and hanging on the wall.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very creative pictures !

    http://gattina-keyholepictures.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful glass images, and it certainly having fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful und interessenting fotos!

    Thanks for sharing

    Annette

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just beautiful! Thanks so much for sharing the love up-close with I Heart Macro ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. love the 2nd starburst pic and your first one!
    By the way, the first 100 followers takes the longest, but then it goes faster! Sorry, I can't follow you without getting into google + , which was the reason I moved to wordpress in the first place. Enjoy your week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like # 1.

    I started similar weeks ago with mirrors. Also a flashlight in my closet and then outside on my wee farden in the dark against the wall of house. It was amazing. I think I still have them on my Imagination blog on stills.

    It is fun. I like all you have done.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog. I love reading your comments!

Thank you for your understanding!

© Emily J Powell and Millie @ Click'n Camera, February 10, 2015. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Emily J Powell and Millie @Click'n Camera with appropriate and specific direction to the original content. Photos may not be used, copied, printed without prior permission.