Monday, May 25, 2015

Macro Mondays ~ Technology

This week Flickr's themed Macro Mondays is "Technology",
we were given several tips and these highlighted words got me thinking.
"You could re-visit long existing technology that we tend to forget was once cutting edge, get a detailed shot of the stop/start button in your eco car, the textures on a cool new kitchen gadget or a close up of that iPod Nano you still use for your workout soundtrack". 
***
It's not that I don't like technology,
it's just not always friendly!
This photo shows progressive improvements (?) in
our light switches...right to left,
basic switch,
timer switch,
and our new programmable switch.
That last one has been a pain in the arse ever since Daylight Savings Time began.
I decided to reprogram it and it has gone "wacky"!
Sometimes what seems like a good idea, really isn't.

The next photo shows what I really love in technology...
my iPad!
 I used keys from an old laptop keyboard to spell out iPad
and photographed them beside my iPad.
Not my best work but at least I gave it a go!
Flickr's Macro Mondays (here)
Next I'm sharing the above macro of  a Magnolia blossom
 with these Macro groups:
 "Macro Monday 2" a Monday photo gallery (here),
and a Sunday photo gallery called "i heart macro" (here).

4 comments:

  1. i love the magnolia, so pretty and we still have the old switches in our house and i have never had an ipad or ipod or even a walkman from the past. also no smart phone. i have an old flip phone that is the emergency car dies phone... but i do love my computer and laptop and would be lost without them...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your creativity with the iPad keys!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous magnolia Emily! Thanks for your kind words. We are supposed to get rain this week, but the weather report has claimed that many times over the past few weeks… I hope it really happens this time, so dusty outside, very unusual this time of year. Thanks so much for sharing the love up-close with I Heart Macro ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whereas I don't mind technology it doesn't always like me.
    The magnolia shot is lovely and you have a great imagination to use the old keyboard keys in your shot.

    Diana

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog. I love reading your comments!

Thank you for your understanding!

© Emily J Powell and Millie @ Click'n Camera, February 10, 2015. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Emily J Powell and Millie @Click'n Camera with appropriate and specific direction to the original content. Photos may not be used, copied, printed without prior permission.