Monday, July 20, 2015

Macro Mondays ~ Pareidolia

                           This week's Flickr Macro Mondays theme is "Pareidolia". 
"Pareidolia is a psychological phenomenon that makes a simple sound or image into something far more noteworthy. The human brain is masterful in organizing visual data into meaningful and significant shapes. It is a way to make sense of random or ambiguous patterns where none really exists. Some common examples are seeing animals in clouds, monsters in cracks on the wall, or gnarly faces on tree trunks."
Such a fancy word for a simple game
we as children loved to play.
I remember summers spent laying on the cool freshly
cut grass, imagining all sorts of things in
the white billowy clouds...

Confused? Here is a gallery that might help.

When looking outdoors for something that would
fit our "pareidolia" theme, I didn't turn up much.
I had more luck
hunting for something to photograph
in my husband's tool chest...
Is Mr. Bill grounded? Oh No....such a worrier.
(electrical plug)
and
woof, I found a pack of dogs.
(Box cutter blades.)
While working in the yard this week I did find
"the Elephant Man"*.
 
(Tumbled rock.)
“Oh the things you can find, if you don’t stay behind!”
~ Dr. Seuss
***
Equipment used Canon EOS 60D camera and 
my lens is EF 100mm f2.8L Macro IS USM.
***
Like a challenge?
Join Macro Mondays on Flicker, here.
***
I also shared with these Macro groups (no theme):
 "Macro Monday 2" a Monday photo gallery (here),
and a Sunday photo gallery called "i heart macro" (closed for two weeks).
***
"I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. 
Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, it's a way of looking at life 
through the wrong end of a telescope. 
Which is what I do, and that enables you to laugh at life's realities."   ~  Dr. Seuss
***
Happy Click'n!
*  History oJoseph Merrick is here.  His story was made into a film that impressed me greatly.

2 comments:

  1. This is a new word for me, and your interpretation is superb, my favourite.. your rock, I can always find shapes in clouds, and in the sand at the seashore.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That rock looks like it ought to be a space alien in a science fiction movie!
    Thanks for sharing at http://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2015/07/bug-eyes.html

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog. I love reading your comments!

Thank you for your understanding!

© Emily J Powell and Millie @ Click'n Camera, February 10, 2015. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Emily J Powell and Millie @Click'n Camera with appropriate and specific direction to the original content. Photos may not be used, copied, printed without prior permission.