Monday, July 27, 2015

Macro Mondays ~ Picnic

   This week's Flickr Macro Mondays theme is "Picnic". 
Interpreting themes into macro/closeups can be tricky
even during a normal week.
Last week was emotionally draining,
making it difficult to be creative, but I persevered
which gave my mind a bit of a break.
Photography can be a great escape.
Where to start? Well, my own back yard 
seemed to fit my schedule best.
I grabbed a bottle of wine from the fridge along with a glass
and got started...
one of our mosaic planters matched my color scheme
and tied it all together.

Though the thunderstorms the night before my shoot did cool us off,
the humidity was hard to tolerate and soon I retreated inside.
I played around with plasticware before giving up for the day.
Though my concerns are still with me,
the weight of them is a little lighter.
Taking time for hobbies is great medicine!
***
Equipment used Canon EOS 60D camera and 
my lens is EF 100mm f2.8L Macro IS USM.
***
Like a challenge?
Join Macro Mondays on Flicker, here.
***
I also shared with these Macro groups (no theme):
 "Macro Monday 2" a Monday photo gallery (here),
and a Sunday photo gallery called "i heart macro"
 (here, closed for two weeks, Aug.2).
***
"If ants are such busy workers,
 how come they find time to go to all the picnics?"
- Marie Dressler

***
Happy Click'n!



2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry last week was rough, but you found a lovely creative outlet in photography. You've got a lot of talent, and these are grand shots.
    Hope you'll link up at http://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2015/07/variations.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful pics...I hope next week is better for you. I have not read back through to know what is going on, but hate for anyone to go through rough patches.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog. I love reading your comments!

Thank you for your understanding!

© Emily J Powell and Millie @ Click'n Camera, February 10, 2015. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Emily J Powell and Millie @Click'n Camera with appropriate and specific direction to the original content. Photos may not be used, copied, printed without prior permission.