Friday, December 16, 2016

Strange Sky

Tuesday evening we had an unusual sunset,
looking a bit like we had two suns setting or
a flare that might consume the sun.
I took this photo with my smartphone so it's a little grainy (noise).
At first I thought I had a smudge on my contact lens or
lost one.  I'm sure I would not believe this photo if I hadn't
been the one to take it.
No processing affects were used.
I guess we had enough clouds or
moisture in the air to produce this eery sky.
I'm sure a meteorologist could explain this phenomenon.
Later we had a full moon and it was bitter cold (39)
for this area. I love watching the sky!

I'm sharing this with "Skywatch Friday" (here)

Happy Click'n!

6 comments:

  1. That is an unusual sky. Not sure I've ever seen a sunset like that. I will look more closely from now on though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me either. I thought I had a smudge on my contact or lost one until I saw the photo captured what I was actually seeing. I'm sure a meteorologist could explain it! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. That is remarkable! Love the orange colour.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marvelous senset photo with its dazzling colors ~ thanks,

    Wishing you peace in your days ~ ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very unusual indeed! A little eerie looking and beautiful at the same time. Nice capture!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog. I love reading your comments!

Thank you for your understanding!

© Emily J Powell and Millie @ Click'n Camera, February 10, 2015. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Emily J Powell and Millie @Click'n Camera with appropriate and specific direction to the original content. Photos may not be used, copied, printed without prior permission.