Flickr Macro Mondays - 8/12/19

1/125 sec, f7.1, ISO 1250
Submitted to Macro Mondays in Flickr
Macros have always been one of my favorite forms of photography.  I use to participate in a few weekly groups of themed and general macros. Back then they called these groups Memes and now the Memes seem to be something else or I might be more behind the times then I think. I am happy to learn Macro Mondays on Flickr is still going strong!  They post a theme on Tuesday and you are to run with it before the due day on the following Monday.  Today I contributed my favorite shot as now only one photo is permitted.  For more information a link to this group is here.  I'm a free member of Flickr, so I'm only entitled to a limited number of photo storage. My gallery is linked here.  I recently reviewed my photos to delete ones I no longer like, making room for my max as I hope to keep posting macros again.  


This week's theme is as follows:

"...we are looking for actual photos of printed matter- 
that is ink on paper - not text which has been layered over an existing photo, 
or photos of words on computer monitors or smartphone screens."

How would you interpret this theme?  If you have some ideas for this theme, give this group a try.  These photos, posted today, are a few of my macros I took and considered to post for this theme "printed matter".  

1/125 sec, f2.8, IOS 200
I love spending time in the morning with a cup of coffee while reading Facebook, writing posts for this blog and reading blogs I follow, or just googling interests of mine with tranquil music playing or the morning news.  I will be a bit rushed and stressed at the computer in the morning as I have a 9:15 eye appointment.  (So I'm posting this tonight.)  I had cataract and lens implant surgery this summer.  For Monday's appointment they are to perform a GEC (?) procedure to remove scar tissue WITH A LASER!  I'm pretty nervous about this. I never wanted Lasik surgery because I didn't want to be awake or in my right mind when that laser  pointed at my eye.  No sedation will be given tomorrow and I'm able to drive myself.  Not sure if I should be behind the wheel though. (Joking, sort of.)

1/125 sec, f5.6, IOS 250
Oh, one other thing, I want to put out there; If you know of any photography groups that are having similar running contribution days like Macro Monday, please leave a comment so I can check it out.  No matter the form of photography (macro, landscape, or subjects) with themes or not, would be very helpful to me as just googling for these outlets are time consuming and they are few and far between these days unfortunately.  
1/60 sec, f5.0, ISO 100



These photos were shot with my Canon 60D and my Canon macro lens EF 100mm 1:2.8 L IS USM.

Enjoy your day
and...


Happy Click'n!






Comments